Time Groups provides the ability to define business operating patterns which allows calls to be routed through to appropriate teams during specified hours. This ensures operational coverage is achieved across multiple teams or that calls are routed to a specific teams to cover a special event. Calls can also be routed directly to voicemail during after hours on weekends or weekdays to ensure the customer call is not lost. Having the ability to automatically route calls means that customer calls will always be routed to the most available area of the business.
Multiple Time Groups can be defined to cover Business Hours, After Hours and when required, can also define Special Event Hours.
Each Time Group can also have multiple Time Blocks that are used to capture specific times and days that match operational times represented by the group.
Each line of the Time Group can represent any combination of day and block of time where times must be entered in 24-hour format.
For example, separate time blocks could define weekday hours as Mon 10:00 to 15:00, Tue-Fri 09:00 to 18:00 and weekend hours as Sat 10:00 to 14:00 for the Business Hours group.
Time Groups can then be applied to Call Routing Profiles.
- Login to the Call Tracking Portal.
- Select Call Routing Profiles from the left-hand menu.
- Go to the Time Groups tab.
- Select Add Time Group.
- Choose the New Time Group from the list and select Edit.
- Enter a name for the Time Group.
- Select Add Line and enter a name for the Time Block
- Enter start and end times and select the relevant day options.
- Select Save to continue.
- Go to the Time Groups tab to see a list of available Time Groups.
Note: Create multiple Time Groups as required to align with business operating patterns before linking to a Call Routing Profile (see How to setup Time of Day Call Routing for more details).